Neil Thompson Boats Ltd 2018
At Neil Thompson Boats Ltd [we] are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers and those who come into contact with our company. This Policy sets out the processes and the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us and how it is processed by us. To understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the relevant data protection legislation, the “controller”, (or “data controller”) is Neil Thompson Boats Ltd of North Norfolk Marine Centre, Stiffkey Road, Wells-Next-The-Sea, Norfolk NR231QB. Any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we may collect from you
We will collate the minimum information that is required in order to fulfil your contact with us and the service you have requested. We request the following details, business trading title if applicable, contact name, address, telephone number and email address.
If paying for a product over the phone, we are required to take you card payment details, expiry date and security numbers. All information is taken securely. We will only take a client’s bank details if payment was being made or credited to the customer. This is done through a secure banking system. We do not retain your personal banking information once the transaction is complete.
We collect different types of information about you for the following reasons:
- To provide goods or services to you, either at your request or in order to fulfil an existing contract;
- We may ask you to complete surveys about the service we provide so we can improve the service to you the customer.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website neilthompsonboats.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided when you complete our on-line contact and enquiry form.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- To manage your customer or credit accounts and to keep adequate record of your past or current purchases;
- To contact you regarding your order, or if we change the way that our product or services work;
- To email you about up and coming events, flotillas, meetings or regattas and to share our boatyard news;
- For our legitimate interests, namely in order to help us monitor or improve the products or services we offer, unless any of those legitimate interests are overridden by any of your Interest or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- If we have your permission, to market specific goods or services to you as a current Honda Dealer and Raymarine dealer.
Neil Thompson Boats does not gather, store or retain your information through your use of computer technology. If you access our website the only way we can receive your information is if you complete the online contact form.
We may store your information within our customer database.
Please note that we use Google Analytics, which places ‘cookies’ (text files) on your computer, to help the website analyse how visitors use the site. We do not store your information at Neil Thompson Boats however the information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing to us other services relating to website activity and internet usage. You can prevent Google collecting your data and control the use of it by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please visit Google for further information on how Google uses your data. http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
When will we share your personal data?
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent. We will however, share your personal data with the following parties (“Third Parties”), for the following reasons:
- Apple in the case of any computer technicalities, for storage, back up, disaster recovery and IT support purposes;
- other selected third parties, such as our payment and delivery providers, suppliers and sub-contractors, where it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with goods that you have ordered, including World pay and UK based delivery service providers);
- Google Analytics, to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We reserve the right to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal requirements, enforce our terms and conditions [www.neilthompsonboats.co.uk/terms-of-business/], or any other agreement we enter into with you, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business and other customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict safeguarding procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
How long we store your personal information depends upon the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it.
We will keep your data for the period of time you hold an account or we provide a service to you, to enable us to contact you, keep a record of your past orders and supply you with any new orders. We will not keep your personal information for any longer than necessary to fulfil our obligations to you or to meet our legitimate business interests or legal requirements.
Where you have given us your permission to contact you for marketing purposes, including to receive our yearly newsletter, we will contact you every five years from the date on which you originally gave your permission to ensure that you still wish to be contacted in this way.
You have the following rights:
- to request that we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (“Access Request”);
- to request that we rectify any information we hold about you (“Right to Rectification”);
- to request that we erase any information we hold about you (“Right to be Forgotten”);
- to restrict the level of processing we carry out with your information (“Restriction of Processing”);
- to obtain from us all personal data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable form, and have this information transmitted to another organisation (“Data Portability”);
- to object to our processing your information in certain ways (“Right to Object”); and
- to withdraw your consent at any time to our processing of your data.
Please see the relevant sections below for further details on your rights as a data subject. You can exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy in any way with how we treat your personal information.
We will comply with any request made under this section as soon as possible, and normally within one month from the date of your request. However, if necessary, for example if your request is particularly complex or we receive a number of similar requests, we may extend this period by an additional two months, but we will notify you if we need to do this.
Please note that where we receive requests under this section which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or
- refuse to act on the request.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. Please note that in most circumstances, we will not make a charge for this, however we may make a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any further copies requested.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
You have the right at any time to ask us to rectify any personal data that we hold for you which is incorrect or incomplete.
If we have disclosed any incorrect or incomplete data to any third parties, we shall inform them of any necessary amendments or corrections made to your personal data under this section.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you in circumstances where:
- it is no longer necessary for us to handle your personal data for the purpose for which it was originally collected;
- you have withdrawn your permission for us to hold your personal data (where this was the basis on which it was collected or used);
- you object to the processing of the data and there is no lawful overriding reason for us to continue processing your personal data;
- the personal data was unlawfully processed; or
- we have to erase your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
You can ask us to restrict how we use your data in the following circumstances:
- where you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you can ask that we refrain from using your data until we can verify the accuracy of it;
- where we have unlawfully processed your data, you can ask that we restrict our usage of it rather than erase it completely; or
- where we no longer need to hold your information, but you wish us to retain your information for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim.
You have the right to obtain from us all personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form, provided that such data was processed based on your consent, or for the purpose of a contract between us and the processing was carried out by automated means.
This will allow you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another. Alternatively, we can transmit such data directly to another organisation.
Please note that we will not be able to comply with a data portability request if this will affect the rights and freedoms of others.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to our processing of your personal data where we are doing this for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (which we will have told you about, if applicable), or where we are carrying out processing for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
If we process your personal data for automatic decision making or profiling purposes (i.e. to analyse or predict your personal preferences and purchase behaviour, and such profiling is automated) we will ensure that we tell you about this beforehand, and will only do this where this is a necessary condition of entering into a contract between you and us, or where you have given us your explicit consent to do this.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our site may contain links to our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. We advise you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.